Sunday, April 10, 2011

I wanna be like my brother...

Tonight I got a little teary-eyed while our kids said prayers. Why, you ask? Well, first, we were trying to explain to B2 that D follows his example. At the time, B2 was twirling in circles as we were desperately trying to get the boys to kneel down. B2 decided to test our theory, and knelt down. Immediately, D stopped twirling and knelt by his brother. B2 said his prayers, and then helped D say his. It was one of those moments where we felt that we might actually be doing something right as parents.

After prayers, both boys got in bed. D has been insisting that anything B2 gets at bedtime, he gets too. So, B2 got tuck-ins and good night kisses, so D insisted on the same. D decided to one-up his brother and gave Mommy stuck kisses.


I wish every night was this good. I almost feel bad about putting them to bed if they're going to be all cute like this. But then I hear D scream and I'm happy it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment