Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What are you thankful for? Part Deux

This is my gratitude list, part deux (I don't know why I'm writing that in French, since I don't speak it...and no, it's not Folie a Deux, though that's pretty awesome...okay, REALLY awesome). On a side note, why do I ramble so much in my blog posts? Do I ramble this much when I talk? Anyone? *Crickets*

Okay, back to my gratitude list. As a summary of list 1:

    And now, continuing on...
    1. My in-laws--how many people can really say this? Me, because my in-laws rock! When I got married, I got a whole bunch of in-laws at once. In B1's family, you couldn't really separate "immediate" family from "extended," because it was pretty much the same thing (no, not in an in-bred sort of way). Some of B1's best friends growing up were his cousins, and their family did reunions every year--his grandpa's family on down did a 3 day reunion, and his great-great grandpa's family on down did a one day reunion. Holy cow! But anyway, I was quickly introduced to B1's 4 millions cousins, aunts, uncles, and 2nd cousins once removed. While they are all great, the part I really want to brag about is B1's sisters, their husbands, their kids, and my mother- and father-in-law. B1's sisters really took me in when B1 and I started dating. They even told B1 at one point that if he ever decided to break up with me, he would be kicked out of the family and I would take their place. That was comforting, since at times it seemed like our relationship was at a standstill. But, that's another post for another time. I feel sometimes like we're the slacker siblings, since we don't make as much effort as we ought to to hang out with them. But, CH, know that we think about you guys often, just not at times you're available. :) And CB, we would hang out all the time if you lived closer. Okay, that's a lie, as clearly we don't hang out with CH because we're too busy...well, more so because CH is too busy. :) [Wow, the rambling is getting really bad...] So, not only our my in-laws on B1's side awesome, but my in-laws on my side are awesome too! K, Poos, Heyhey, and JoJo are riots!!! They make us laugh all the time, and I can't help feel like our family wasn't really complete until they came in. I thought we were always the coolest family, but now I know we are definitely the coolest family because we've grown in the coolness factor exponentially.
    2. Our neighbor J-no-nickame, because he gave us smoked turkey. He smoked it himself, and oh...my...GOSH, it was the most amazing thing ever. He agreed to smoke us a turkey if we bought all the supplies. Unfortunately, we ran out of money in our budget in November, so we haven't had it yet, which means I've gone waaaay to long without it. I feel like Barney Gumble when he won a lifetime supply of Duff Beer--"Just hook it to my veeeeeins!" If I could have a steady IV of smoked turkey, but in a way that I could actually taste it, I would so do it. Mmm....turkey...*drooling*
    3. People at work who consider leaving but don't. You know who you are.
    4. My bestest friends ever, BHC and LHF. These two girls got me through insanity in high school, stupidity in college (and the reverse of those two as well), and life as an "adult." Some say they made their lifelong friends in college--I'm lucky enough to have made mine 4 years earlier.
    5. Good books. I was a huge book nerd as a young kid, and it's coming back with the discovery of Brandon Sanderson. I'm not even sure how many books I've read this year, but it's a lot, and it's sooo much fun. Yay for GoodReads.com and good friends who give me recommendations for amazing books!
    6. [I am so ashamed to admit this, but...]Utah volleyball, without which I would have had no life (but more time) for the last four years.
    7. And, of course, the bestest school ever, BYU. Go Cougars!
    8. Sleep, which brings me to the close of this post...so sleepy....

      No comments:

      Post a Comment