Tuesday, December 7, 2010

D's 18 month checkup

Tomorrow D is 18 months. Holy...crap. Anyway, so I'm taking him to his 18 month checkup. Our doctor always asks how many words he knows, so this time I'm coming prepared: 20. I thought it might be fun to post his word list:

Hi
Mommy (or Mama)
Dada
Baba (for sippy)
More
Milk
Please
Cookie (yes, my 18-month-old knows the word cookie)
Papa (what he calls Grandpa)
Shoe
No (very important when you have an obnoxious older brother)
Mine (also very important when you have an obnoxious older brother)
(Side note: is there anything besides an obnoxious older brother?? I argue no...at least, not at their ages)
Boo
Up
Down
Nini (every time he sees a picture of my sister, he starts saying, "Nini!! Hi Nini!")
Baby
Choo Choo (haven't you seen the video??)
Hot
All done!

Such an impressive list! And so full of commands--more, down, mine...

Tomorrow, I'd love to post all of my kids' growth charts, both for comparisons as well as to keep them documented in a way other than a pile of papers on my computer desk... But, we'll see. Work is going to be super busy this week, so I think I'll be spending much of my evenings playing catch up. Goal for tonight: work fewer than 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment