Monday, December 19, 2011

Remember: I Wanted This

These past few days I've had to try really hard to remind myself that I wanted children and that I wanted to be at home with them. Quick run down...

Saturday morning I spent several hours cleaning my kitchen. Yes, it was that messy that it took me HOURS to sweep and mop the floor, clean the table off, wipe off the counters, and wash the dishes.

By Sunday, the dishes were piled up again, and I came out of my bedroom to find that D had gotten into the pantry, spread Bisquick from the kid's bathroom (all...over...the bathroom!), down the hall, and throughout the family room. In addition, he dropped Coco Puffs all over the kitchen that I scrubbed down the day before (and, of course, stepped on quite a few to reduce the puffs to powder). And, if that wasn't enough, he also emptied a good amount of maple syrup onto my once-pristine floor. So, after a few choice words and some more time sweeping, scrubbing, and vacuuming, the kitchen was once again clean.

This morning I had quite a bit of work to do, so I got the boys some cereal and told them they could watch a movie when done. Well, I came out a bit later and found that D had not only emptied his cereal bowl all over the kitchen and living room, but he had also emptied the remainder of the cereal onto the floor as well. I told him (and B2) that they couldn't watch a movie until it was all cleaned up and went back to work. A short time later I came out to find that not only had the cereal NOT been cleaned, but D had gotten into Ed's (our frog) food and emptied half of the container of stinky pellets all over my once-clean kitchen counter, and broken up the gingerbread house we started but never finished. Oh, and D had hurt his toe, which started bleeding, now resulting in little blood splotches all over my kitchen tile. So, once again, I pulled out the vacuum and vacuumed up the carpets, swept and mopped the kitchen, and wiped down the counters. While I was doing that, I had B2 get D into the tub. I went into their bathroom only to find D dumping cups of bath water onto the bathroom floor while B2 laughed. Really???? I was about ready to go ballistic on both of them. So, I called the hubby and we both had a good laugh, and then decided that this craziness needed to be blogged.

Heaven help me if this next child is a boy, because I'm pretty sure another boy in the house will result in something getting lit on fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment