Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Goals

Okay, I think I'm finished with my goals for the upcoming year, so here they are:

1.) Finish the Old Testament by February
This was one of my goals last year. I think I would have hit it if I had gotten so sick with my pregnancy. Now that the morning sickness is gone, I want to kick this in high gear and finish in two months. This equates to reading nearly 5 pages a day, but I'm hoping the loftiness of the goal will spur me to finish on time.

2.) Read the Book of Mormon
It's been a few years since I've read the Book of Mormon, and this year in Primary I will be teaching it to our Valiant 10 and 11 classes. I'm going to be encouraging them to read the whole book, so it's only fitting that I pick up my own challenge. I will start this once I finish the Old Testament, so it will equate to about 2 pages per day if I stay on task.

3.) Monthly Temple Trips
It's pathetic that we live so close to a temple so many temples and yet we hardly ever go! My goal will to be to go to the temple at least once a month, though I may give myself a pass in June depending on when the baby comes and how quickly I recover.

4.) Daily Gratitude Journal
I've had several friends talking about this on Facebook, and I think it's something I'd like to try this year. Every night before bed, I want to write down at least one thing for which I am grateful. I also want to do my best not to repeat anything, so hopefully by the end of the year I'll have 365 notes of gratitude.

5.) Read 25 Books
This is quite a step up from last year's goal of reading 12 books, but I'm really excited and I have a HUGE list that I want to read. In fact, I hope to shatter this goal. Here's the breakdown of what I hope to read this year:
* 12 YA fiction books for the book club I've joined
* 6 fictional books of my choosing (I hope to shatter this because I'm already planning on reading the Narnia series, which is 7 books, plus quite a few more)
* 3 nonfiction books
* 4 church nonfiction books (two at the top of my list are Jesus the Christ and Lectures on Faith).

So, all in all, some pretty tough goals, but I'm excited! Here's to a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment