Monday, May 2, 2011

Funny things MOM says!

Okay, it's time to poke fun at myself. Today I decided not to cook and to go drive through somewhere. And, of course, that somewhere is my new favorite, S's BBQ. It is just oh so good. They have a drive through, but really it's a window in their store through which you order food and get your food. So, anyway, we order our food, and it takes a good 5 minutes or so before the food comes out (trust me--it's worth it!). Meanwhile, we have our windows open, and we're being taunted by the amazing smell of smoked meat wafting out of the restaurant. Finally, the food comes, and the gal at the window says she'll be right back with our soda. I'm holding one bad of food, and it just smells so good that I put it up to my nose (ignoring all warnings I've read all my life that say that sniffing plastic bags can be dangerous for your health), and in a totally Homer Simpson style say, "Oh, sooooooo gooooood." And then, I turn my head to see the gal standing at the window with our soda with the strangest look on her face. Brian and I busted up laughing and quickly drove away. I'm sure she went inside and mocked me to her coworkers. It's okay--I had S's BBQ and a peach cobbler waiting to soothe my ego.

Oh, have I mentioned how great S's BBQ is???

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You liked it! Best cobbler EVER!
    Ps..this is Lori:) although mike concurs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously LOVED it! If I had lots and lots of money and no concern about my health, I would eat there every day--probably several times a day. In fact, just tonight I told Brian that the one bad thing about this place is that they're not open for breakfast. Because, seriously, I could totally eat that Trippple Threat sandwich for breakfast tomorrow (Brian ordered it tonight, and it was AMAZING!, but he ordered it extra spicy and I thought it burned a hole in my esophagus, so I couldn't sneak more than one bite. I have to order my own next time).

    ReplyDelete