Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goals Update

Okay, so I thought I'd update everyone on how my goals are going. Yes, I know it's only halfway through January, but I'm pumped about knocking these suckers out!

Goal 1 - Finish P90X. I haven't started this yet, but as planned. I will be starting P90X in two weeks, so be prepared for the swear words that will be coming from that post...

Goal 2 - Half Marathon. I also haven't started this, as planned. I intend to start my training about the time I finish P90X, if not sooner.

Goal 3 - Lose 10 pounds. I'm doing really good on this! Okay, so I've pretty much been sucking the past few days. I got down to 138.7 by Wednesday this last week, and then went on our quarterly managers retreat. On the bright side, I think I kept my weight loss to the smallest amount ever on these retreats, but I did gain 1.3 pounds. I weighed in this morning at 140, so I am just a little way past the halfway point. If I stay motivated, I think I can hit this goal by the end of January. At that point, I just need to keep it down until we (hopefully) go on our cruise in March.

Goal 4 - Finish the Old Testament. I haven't picked up on that yet. I'm still working on finishing the Book of Mormon, and will start this goal at that point.

Goal 5 - Read 12 books, with at least 6 being non-fiction. I have started this goal. I'm currently reading Wizard's First Rule, which is obviously a fiction (fantasy) book. I want to have this finished by January 25th so I can return it to my coworker. My next read is a non-fiction book, Boys Should Be Boys.

Resolution 1 - Build an unbreakable habit of prayer and scripture study. I am doing much better on my scripture study, but not so great (okay, honestly, no improvement at all) on prayer.

Resolution 2 - Cultivate friendships. I really hope those in my ward didn't take my initial post as a pity-party or fishing for friendships, but regardless of their inference on my intent, I feel like more of an effort has been made by the women in my ward to reach out to me, and I appreciate it!!! I have also been trying to make an effort to accept those invitations and be someone that others would want to be around. Tonight I went to a girls night out with about 15 other women, and had a BLAST!!! It was such a good time, and I look forward to the next one.

Resolution 3 - Love being a mom. While I haven't yet gained any insight on how to keep my kids occupied all day (especially when it's cold outside and we can't play at parks or go swimming), I am seriously loving being around my kids and anxious for the time that I can spend all day long with them! Only another week and a half left!

D is giggling in the dark while I'm typing this. Silly kid. I should probably turn off the computer so he can sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment