Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A much needed update

I meant to finish this post a few weeks ago, so it's going to end up being only a few stories and mostly photos. I'm starting to follow a few photography blogs, and it gets me really excited to improve my photography. I don't by any means think I'm fantastic, but I think my subjects make up for a lot of my lack of skill. I mean, who can't capture cute pictures of these kids???

Okay, onto the stories. On March 16th, it was starting to warm up here in Utah (just a fluke though -- it was snowing today). So, after a very long winter indoors, we decided to take the kids to the park to get rid of some of B2's cabin fever. B2 was about to go down the slide, and B1, D, and I were sitting on the bench. B2 shouts out, "HAH! I've got you now fools!" B1 and I busted up laughing, and still have no idea where he got that phrase. Our best guess is Plankton (from Spongebob Squarepants).

Later that night, we put B2 to bed at his usual time (8:00 p.m.), and B1 and I settled in and watched some M*A*S*H. We turned out light off at 10:00, but heard B2 playing around still in his room. B1 got up to tell him to go to bed, walked in to his room, and saw B2 wearing his Batman hat, bomber jacket, backpack, and sandals. He must have been doing something important, because he also held his toy cell phone. He turned to his dad, and in all seriousness said, "Dad, I'm on the phone!" I think he was channeling a 15-year-old girl with that comment.

We went in to check on B2 during his nap, and found him asleep with his hat over his eyes. He seriously looked so much like a teenager that I think a few hairs fell off both B1's and my heads.

On March 21st, all of us were sitting in church during Sacrament meeting. It was really quiet (rather unusual for our ward) when B2 turned to me and said, "Guess what Mom? I love you."

Guess what B2? I love you too.

Yesterday was Monday, so it was back to work for me. B2 woke up before I left, so I got him settled into his routine of a Clif bar, sippy of milk, and some really long DVD to give Daddy as much time as possible to sleep in. I kissed B2 and told him I was leaving for work and that I loved him. His response? "I know Mom." Well, at least he knows. But, later that night, he was a little more sentimental. I had been home from work about half hour and was making him dinner. He randomly came up to me and gave me a hug, then said, "Mom, I'm glad you came back." It almost broke my heart to think that my boy thinks he's losing me every day, but at least I get to come home every night (at least, most nights -- next week is our quarterly managers retreat).

Okay, some random pictures, and then I'm going to try to comfort D because he's been crying for the last two hours. I think he's starting to get separation anxiety. Good thing B2 is gone, because I think D will be sleeping with me tonight.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment