Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My life is a pendulum

I have decided that my life is a pendulum. Sometimes, the pendulum is swinging slowly, so we don't really have any ups and downs. Life is pretty consistent. Then, other days (like right now) it swings in big swoops, so we have some awesome days followed by horrible days.

Last night was an awesome day. B2 was in the best mood I've seen him in for a long time. He exclaimed as soon as my key hit the lock, "Yay, mommy's home!" It pretty much got better from there. He ate his dinner without too much prodding, he helped me make bread (and only spilled the flour a little), he was happy and (somewhat) obedient...It was nice. It was like having my two-year-old back again. I almost didn't want him to go to bed because it was such a good night.

And then, along comes today. Every Tuesday at my company I have a meeting from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. At 9:00, a coworker interrupts the meeting with my cell phone, saying that it's an emergency and my husband is trying to reach me. I immediately panic as I call B1 back. He sounds close to tears, saying that B2 decided to put push pins in D's crib (while D is still in it, of course), then runs to his dad and said, "Daddy, D is dead!" B1 freaked out, ran to D and discovered (thankfully) that D was not dead, but was surrounded by push pins. He still hadn't gotten over the shock of what B2 said when he called, which is why his emotions were so close to the surface. Well, B1 took D to the doctor for an X-ray to make sure D hadn't swallowed one of those push pins. They are on their way back from the hospital to the pediatrician's office to have the X-ray read, but it looks okay.

I guess we need to re-baby-proof the house. I don't even know where B2 got push pins...

So, does this mean we're due for another good night, or will this downward swing last longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment