Thursday, December 24, 2009

Best of 2009 - December 24

December 24 – Learning experience
Early this year I had a horrible learning experience. One Sunday after church, I was trying to get B2 out to the car while carrying all our church stuff. B1 was working, so it was just me, and B2 decided to throw a tantrum. I was pregnant, tired, and cranky, and the last thing I needed was B2 refusing to walk to the car. So, I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him to the car, while still carrying my scripture case, diaper bag, and who knows what else. With the way B2 was struggling, and my grip on his hand, he twisted his elbow and a ligament popped out of place. It caused him a lot of pain. I called my then-visiting-teacher Rebecca over, and she went with me to the urgent care facility so we could have someone look at his arm. While I waited for her, I just sat and cried, beating myself up for hurting my child. It was a hard lesson, but one I’ve remembered all those times this year that B2 has triple-jumped over any boundary line I’ve drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment