Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's the best day ever

If you watch/listen to as much Spongebob as I do, you'll recognize that the title of today's post is from a Spongebob song, and you'll probably hate me for getting it stuck in your head. If you aren't as familiar with Spongebob as you ought to be, you can listen to said Spongebob song here. But, that's really not the point of this post.

About a week and a half ago I read Stephanie Nielson's book, Heaven is Here. If you aren't familiar with Nie Nie, then seriously go to her blog and start reading it. She's amazing. But again, I digress. After finishing her story, I started thinking about all the different ways I complain--I'll text B1 when I'm having a rough day (sometimes even with pictures, just to prove it's as bad as I'm making it out to be); I'll blog about things that frustrate me; I'll post status updates on Facebook about the obnoxious things my kids do; I'll talk to other moms and try to out-do them on how awful my day has been (though I'll convince myself that I'm just trying to make them feel better about their own struggles). Now, granted, I'm not always complaining or saying depressing stuff, but as I started to think about it, I realized that I complain much more than I realized. And I wondered if people reading this blog, or people who have friended me on Facebook, think that my kids are evil nudists who do nothing but destroy, destroy, destroy!

So, I think I need to change. Nie Nie has inspired me to focus more on the positive, to choose happiness. I'm not saying that I'm never going to say another negative thing again--I know that's not a realistic goal. Rather, I want to focus on the positive. I want to look at all the good things that happen each day, and not the negative. I will put this on a new blog, in case you don't want to read it and just want to skip to the random, funny stuff my kids do. The new blog is TodaysTheBest.blogspot.com. Don't go there just yet--give me some time to put up some content before you decide if it's worth reading.

Okay, random post over. I still need to post some more pictures from B2's first day of school and other stuff, so don't worry--more fun stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment