Friday, June 3, 2011

S's Inverse Law of Cleaning

After years of compiling data and running various regression analyses, ANOVAs, and probabilities, I have concluded that there exists a law (p<.05) of cleaning which I am naming the Inverse Law of Cleaning. This law states that the amount of time you spend cleaning a certain part of your home is inversely related to the amount of time that part stays clean.

The perfect example of this law is the following:

Yesterday afternoon I spent nearly 3 hours using a carpet cleaning to clean my front room and living room. That's it. Roughly 400 square feet...3 hours.

Not even 24 hours later, I get out of the shower this morning to discover this:



Yes, that's lotion...all over my newly cleaned carpet. Really? I mean, D couldn't have spread Goldfish or something I could vacuum up all over the carpet? No, it had to be an oily, liquid-y substance that will continue to collect dirt, thereby exponentially increasing the speed at which my carpet looks dirty again, until I clean it with the carpet cleaner. *Sigh*

Being a stay-at-home mom--living the dream!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment