Wednesday, February 3, 2010

California Trip

This last weekend we made a little family trip to California to see my parents and my brother and sister-in-law. It's one thing I love about being a pilot's wife--I get to go see my parents pretty much whenever I can break away from work. We flew in Friday morning. That day, the girls went and got a pedicure (I still had nail polish on from my last pedicure, which was before my sister's wedding...7 months ago). After that, K dyed and cut my hair. I went brown again, and she did a fantastic job as always.

On Saturday, we went to Griffiths Park. I think my parents took me when I was a baby, but I have no memory of the place. It was a blast! We started off with the world's fastest carousel--okay, maybe not, but I did get a bit sea-sick on it, not to mention the music was really loud. It was supposed to be a really old carousel; the music was powered by an actual pipe organ or something like that.

After we went on the carousel, we then took B2 on a pony ride. My boy is so fearless -- he LOVED the ponies! Grandpa bought him 2 tickets, so he got to ride the pony around the course 4 times. He kept yelling at the pony "Let's go pony!" to make him go faster.

After the pony rides, we went over to the miniature train that takes a little loop around the park. Grandpa bought B2 this little pinwheel, and B2 LOVED making it spin. He almost missed most of the train ride because he was watching those wheels move. As a side note, great job on the colors Dad -- Go Cougars!

Well, that pretty much sums up the trip. It was so great being in 70 degree weather in January, seeing my family, and having a break from the day-to-day grind. I guess it's time to start planning our next trip to California!!

No comments:

Post a Comment